Posted By Posting
Mar 12, 2010
saustin
Sweetems' Mommie
Any Suggestions?
Hello everyone. I took my little man off his meds to see if he really needed them. Well 2 weeks on like was suggested he started the screaming and vomiting yellow and thick cottage cheese. So I caved and put him back on meds again. He has been back on for 3 days but this time the vomiting is not subsiding like last time. He did have strep throat and is still on amoxicillian for another 2 days to complete his 10 day course. Any suggestions for the vomiting?
Mar 12, 2010
slimfast13
This is our dd, Alessandra. Dx with GER 10/07. Ran the gamut with meds and now done with them (crossed fingers). Using magnesium, probiotics and prebiotic supplements. With the exception of teething and general sassy attitude, all is well now. They really CAN grow out of it!
Abx can cause vomiting and general GI upset. Any chance that this is the cause?
Mar 14, 2010
jenrackley
PAGER Volunteer Services Coordinator
Nutritionist
Melina 7/24/02 now reflux free!!
TWINS:
Ella 5/3/05 GERD, asthma, hypotonia, food intolerances, esophagitis, IBS //
Ava 5/3/05 asthma, food allergies
Pic: My girls! They are getting so big!
I would also wonder about the abx causing problems. You might ask about using probiotics to get his healthy bacteria back to normal in his tummy. That can help with abx induced issues. I also know from experience that things like strep and pneumonia can sometimes come with vomiting too. If he has thick sinus drainage that can cause choking and puking. :( I'd ask the pedi what they think. esp if the vomiting continues. You don't want to add dehydration to the issues. Please let us know how he is doing.
Mar 15, 2010
saustin
Sweetems' Mommie
Thank you. He is finially feeling a bit better. Liam finished with the amoxicillin on Saturday evening, then yesterday he was under the weather and groggy with just a little bit of vomiting. I think that it might have been from him not having to take the antibiotic. But I have no idea. Today he is not as under the weather, but he IS VERY FUSSY and clamy, but without a fever. and no vomiting. I don't know if it is because it is so warm here in southern California, or what it may be. I am just going to wait it out until he gets a fever again and then call the Pedi since that is what he suggested I do. Tomorrow, we are going to speak with the surgeon about the Nissen. I don't really have any idea what I am supposed to ask the surgeon. I just know that I really am wanting to wait to see if there is a chance he might get a bit better over time. If any of you have any suggestions as to what I should try and ask PLEASE let me know.. Thank you again so much.
Check with your
doctor first!