Posted By Posting
May 31, 2009
mommato3
Second Opinion for Holden
Ok-Well we got a GI appointment for July 9th with Dr. Phillip Putnam at Cincinnati Children's. I was unable to get an appointment with the motility specialist b/c he wouldn't take me since I was transfering within the department. Dr. Putnam specializes in EE but I hear he is great with GERD patients as well. It stinks I have to wait that long though. Originally she told me he was booked up until Sept. but with my big mouth (Ha!) I spoke with someone who was able to book it in July. Just pray we make it until then. He has been getting choked a whole lot lately and woke up today with some breathing issues (dry cough, rapid breathing, and runny nose).
May 31, 2009
mommy2k
I'm happy to hear that you got a new gi. Hopefully you will get some answers and some much needed relief for Holden. It sucks to have to wait but I will be praying for you. Also kudos to you for getting that appt. moved up to July. Way to go! I know our gi is always booked up months in advance. We don't see the gi again until Sept but lord knows I've been calling them enough. Best of luck
Jun 01, 2009
kubicki5
Julie - I have three children. My youngest Katie is my refluxer. My first Ben was very colicy and is ADHD. My middle Jakob is pretty easy going. Katie had it bad as a baby no sleep for two years. She was on Nutramagin, Prevacid and Zantac. Thought we were through it but after age three it came back big time. After her scope she was put on Prevacid 45mg a day and mylanta as needed. Scope was in Sept. Showed damage in stomach and espophogus. It took about 7 months of medication and Reflux diet for her to start feeling better.
It is so hard to wait but hopefully the time will pass quickly. You can still use your current GI until the switch right? Just in case something comes up.
Check with your
doctor first!