Posted By Posting
Apr 11, 2009
mommy2k
poop question and update
Kody went to his 4 month checkup yesterday. He doesn't have any blood in his stool which is good but still has mucuosy burn his butt poop. The ped said that it could be due to his acid in his stomach causing all that. Has anyone had issues like that? I do remember which feels like forever ago that when he first got put on axid at 4 weeks old he started out having dark mucousy stools and then it cleared up when we were on the axid for a few days. Maybe it's one his signs that his reflux is out of control. He also got upped on his prevacid from 7.5 once a day to twice now. Will this also take awhile to kick in to make him feel better? He had shots yesterday and was not happy last night. Screamed for hours but we kep giving him maalox and tylenol. I think it was a combo of tiredness, shots and his reflux. Not a good combo at all. Anyway, we have only to wait 3 more days until our gi appt. I hope to be prepared so I'm going to take a diary of things and make sure we have all the knowledge we need for this visit. Hopefully we will get some much needed answers and relief for him.
Apr 11, 2009
isobel'smamma
Sara, Mom to Isobel 10/01/08 Dx Silent reflux @ 6 wks. Prevacid 22.5mg split in 2 doses. Pepcid .5ml twice a day. Diagnostically confirmed milk protein, egg and cat allergy. Suspected corn, pea and squash allergy. Trialed Alimentum and Elecare without success, currently on Isomil Advance RTF with moderate success. Barium Swallow and UGI 3/08 Pondering a ph probe and endoscopy.
We had mucousy butt burn poo too - once we got off milk proteins and corn products we started doing much better. It's back now and I desperately fear that Isobel is starting to develop an intolerance to soy. Only 80% of allergic kids show blood in the stool, the other 20% still have a true allergy but just don't show it that way. An intolerance can also cause the same symptoms. We used Alimentum for a week untilshe tested positive for blood. We now use Isomil Advance ready to feed as it has the lowest corn profile of any hydrolysate soy formula I've found. If anyone knows of a corn free soy formula PLEASE let me know.
Check with your
doctor first!