Posted By Posting
Nov 29, 2008
amber f
Yet another med wean ?
I was looking for some opinions on what to do next regarding Nolan's med wean. He has been on a 1/2 of a solutab in the am every other day for about a month now. Should I cut out the prevacid completely or give it to him every two days for a few weeks and then cut it out? The doctor just told me to do it every other day for a month and then she didn't say what to do after that. What do you all think?
Nov 30, 2008
emibug
Kathryn, Pager Volunteer and mommy to Emily Mia 02/04/07. 3 years old with GERD. 30mg Prevacid and Pepcid AC. Mylanta needed for flares. Failed prilosec med switch. Tried and failed many med weans but GERD and pain are well controlled. Functional constipation. Reoccurring SBBO. Suspected IBD or autoimmune disease. Resolved issues: MSPI, CSID (acquired), Stage 2 kidney reflux, Chronic diarrhea.
Audrey Meadow 06/20/08. born 34/35 weeks. Still b/f and eats everything! ftt and chronic constipation.
what i was going to do with emi is give half a 15mg solutab every other day and then if that went ok then cut it out. i didn't want to deal with cutting the 15mg in half but you know, that's your call. if you think nolan needs to wean down to 7.5.g then you should go for it. but if you think reflux is truly gone then go for the gusto and eliminate it all. i honestly hope you can eliminate it all, good luck!
Nov 30, 2008
kubicki5
Julie - I have three children. My youngest Katie is my refluxer. My first Ben was very colicy and is ADHD. My middle Jakob is pretty easy going. Katie had it bad as a baby no sleep for two years. She was on Nutramagin, Prevacid and Zantac. Thought we were through it but after age three it came back big time. After her scope she was put on Prevacid 45mg a day and mylanta as needed. Scope was in Sept. Showed damage in stomach and espophogus. It took about 7 months of medication and Reflux diet for her to start feeling better.
hmmm...seems like he is almost down to the bare minimum. If he is doing really well maybe try to go off of it all together. Maybe wait till you feel you are ready to try. Good Luck! I hope this is it.
Nov 30, 2008
jenrackley
PAGER Volunteer Services Coordinator
Nutritionist
Melina 7/24/02 now reflux free!!
TWINS:
Ella 5/3/05 GERD, asthma, hypotonia, food intolerances, esophagitis, IBS //
Ava 5/3/05 asthma, food allergies
Pic: My girls! They are getting so big!
I would just call and ask them what to do next. When you do cut it all the way out I would spend that first couple of weeks being very careful that he is not getting any of those foods that tend to aggravate GERD as well. That might be hard with Christmas around the corner. If it were me I might wait until that stuff has past... but mine are older so they are eating everything we are and it gets sticky to have to tell them "no" to everything. You do what you gotta do. LOL! It may not be as big an issue for Nolan.
Check with your
doctor first!