Posted By Posting
Nov 13, 2008
bigdaddy
Liz, mom to Donnie 12/2005
Surgery for Pyloric Stenosis at 5 weeks old
GERD since 4 weeks old
Colic until 13 weeks old
Delayed Gastric Emptying
MSPI
Surgery for Tubes and Adenoidectomy at 14 months old
Anemic since 9 month check
Febrile Seizures
Speech Therapy
MEDS: Zyrtec, Nasonex, Xopenex,
Vitamins with iron, and back on Prevacid as of 12/2008
Should I go ahead and take him in???
Donnie was rubbing his left ear two nights ago and said it hurt, but then 5 mins later he said it didn't hurt. Last night dh and I were giving him a bath and I went to put ear plugs in and when I put it in the left ear he started crying and grabbed it, but was fine with the right ear. All of that makes me think he probably does have an ear infection, but again after the moment passes he says his ears don't hurt. We made him an appt. for late this afternoon to have it checked but he has said all morning his ears are fine. He hasn't run a temp and other than those two times hasn't complained. Should I go ahead and still take him in? I hate hate hate going if there isn't anything wrong and seem like the crazy mom! -Liz
Nov 13, 2008
camile- twins with reflux
Thomas and Lucas_2
I would take him in, Liz. I doubt you will seem like a crazy mom. If Donnie, in fact, has an ear infection it will be good to know and treat it. If not, you will still have eased your mind. Camile
Nov 13, 2008
maggiemom
Maggie is now 3 years old and reflux free (knock on wood). I still check in some to see how everybody is doing :) Hugs to all!
I would take him. Maggie didn't have a fever with her ear infs. most of the time. Hugs, let us know!
Nov 13, 2008
jedd'smommy
Jessica, Mommy to Jedd, severe reflux, severe food and oral aversions, Finally G tube free!!! VSD repair 4-24-07 (open heart surgery), hypospadias, repaired 3 times and Ear tubes Visit Jedd at his CB site: www.caringbridge.org/visit/jedd
Jedd did not have fevers with any of hie ear infections...weird I know... some were even double ear infections and still no fever. He's strange, I never said my child was normal..LMAO

I'd take him in. It jsut amy well be infected. Jedd woudl have much much more copious amounts of vomit when he had one. That's how I knew he had one. Go figure....it was hard to tell when it was GERD or when it was an infection. I was at the DR all the time...LOL

If it is, I hope it passes fast. Ear infections are painful.

Nov 13, 2008
mom2adriane&morgan
Adriane Reese 05/16/07; seemingly healthy when born; diagnosed with MSPI, severe Reflux, Apnea, Ashtma, Epilepsy, and severe food allergies(rice, corn, milk, soy, eggs, oats, wheat, beef, chicken, squash, pumpkin, avocado, etc.);On apnea monitor, seems to be tolerating RCF w/carbohydrate mixed in; on Zyrtec, Xopenex, Prevacid
I will agree with the pp. I would take him in. It could be something totally unrelated or it could be nothing. The bad thing is that if he does have something, even a hint, you will know it this weekend. It is almost the weekend and you are probably lucky to get him in today. If you wait until tomorrow then you might not be able to get him in. I hope things turn out to be nothing.
Nov 13, 2008
stickybean
I am Jacky, mommy to Joslyn Olivia (April 2008) and Katelyn Isabel (November 2009).
Joslyn was dx'ed with Silent Reflux with breath apnea at 5 days old. VERY SCARY!
Katelyn is a spitter reflux baby. Started at 3 days old as well. (Both were/are breast fed.. symptoms came on when my milk came in).
Joslyn has been reflux free since she was 12 months (suffered poor weight gain for a few months) and Katelyn is now on Zantac... waiting to see if it works.
i am with everyone.... take him in
Nov 13, 2008
bigdaddy
Liz, mom to Donnie 12/2005
Surgery for Pyloric Stenosis at 5 weeks old
GERD since 4 weeks old
Colic until 13 weeks old
Delayed Gastric Emptying
MSPI
Surgery for Tubes and Adenoidectomy at 14 months old
Anemic since 9 month check
Febrile Seizures
Speech Therapy
MEDS: Zyrtec, Nasonex, Xopenex,
Vitamins with iron, and back on Prevacid as of 12/2008
That is true, the weekend is coming up and if it gets worse I don't want to have to wait until Monday. We have an appt. at 4:00 and he has started complaining about it more this afternoon and has been laying around so I am pretty sure it is infected. This will be his 2nd in less than 3 weeks. I am going to ask the ped when we will need to consider another set of tubes, not to jump the gun, but they really did help and I don't want to put it off again if he needs them. Thanks everyone! I will update when we get back. -Liz
Nov 13, 2008
mom2adriane&morgan
Adriane Reese 05/16/07; seemingly healthy when born; diagnosed with MSPI, severe Reflux, Apnea, Ashtma, Epilepsy, and severe food allergies(rice, corn, milk, soy, eggs, oats, wheat, beef, chicken, squash, pumpkin, avocado, etc.);On apnea monitor, seems to be tolerating RCF w/carbohydrate mixed in; on Zyrtec, Xopenex, Prevacid
With a history of infections like that I imagine they will go ahead and do tubes again. Morgan is on her 3rd or 4th set. I have lost track of that, I guess. I think tubes did wonders and as long as Morgan needs them we will do it. It is such a minor surgery and helped her tremendously. Good Luck! -Amanda
Nov 13, 2008
michelle&aurora
Aurora born March 17, 2007
3 years, 8 months old
Weighs 25.8 lbs
8 lbs 11 oz at birth.
Recovered Chronic Projectile Vomiter
Prevacid Free since September 08
Egg allergy diagnosed Jan 26/09
Has a Pectus Excavatum
Has an Epipen
Good luck at the appt. I hope it's not an ear infection :( Poor little man.
Check with your
doctor first!