Posted By Posting
Sep 11, 2008
Melissa - Mommy to Sebastian, born 9/28/07 @ 7 lbs 7 oz and 20.75 in. At docs at 12 months: 27 pounds and 32 in! Good grief! GERD - currently on Prevacid suspension (liquid equivalent of 45 mg a day). Allergic to dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, all treenuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, peas, sesame, bananas, barley, coconut, dust, dust mite, dog, cat, latex. Seasonal allergies. Oral Allergy Syndrome (OAS). Neocate only - no solids - until further notice (drinks and loves water, too). Loves his doggie, our rescued Treeing Walker Coonhound, Louise, even though he is allergic to her. Louise will make your doctor a homemade pie if you would like her to. PHOTO: We couldn't do a cake on Sebastian's birthday, but that didn't stop him from tossing around the contents of a big bowl of popcorn! He now tries to eat it when we play with popcorn, so no more of that game.... :(
September 11th - what were you doing when you heard? - OT
Hi everyone. Just wanted to remember this day. I know this threa is off topic, but I know it is a subject that has touched all of us. I thought it might be nice if we remembered this day by sharing where we all were when we got the news.
Sep 11, 2008
Andrea: Mom to 3 crazy girls!
Jackie (3/01)
Payton (9/03)
Abby (4/06) Prevacid 7.5mg (evening), MSPI, goats milk (currently trying to wean off Prevacid)
My oldest, Jackie, was just 6 months old. I remember that I was watching tv and they broke in with a special report. Then of course I called my mom at work. At that point only one plane had hit. I remember I was watching one of the news channels live and they had a live shot of the one tower when the other plane hit. I will never forget that moment. :( I just couldn't believe my eyes! The tears just streamed down my face in shock and disbelief. I really can't imagine the hate that those men had to do something like that. It is just inconsevible (sp?) to me. Saying prayers for all those lost and their families today!
Sep 11, 2008
Jessica, Mommy to Jedd, severe reflux, severe food and oral aversions, Finally G tube free!!! VSD repair 4-24-07 (open heart surgery), hypospadias, repaired 3 times and Ear tubes Visit Jedd at his CB site:
As Allen Jaclson famous song says, I was LITERALLY "Teaching a class full of innocent children"

Try explainin gto a class of 5 year old WHY all of their classmates are bing picked up. By the end of the dya I think I only had 3 kids out of 24 left.

Our high school student were all brought into the gym. so that they could witness "history" in the making first hand on a TV. Sad to say that but 9/11 was history.

I had to wait unito I got hom eot watch any mews footage. Allthough we (elementary teachers) were kept current on the happneings even though we were with out children. I wept while I watched the footage and if I watch it today, I do the same. ;-(

Sep 11, 2008
BRANDON-Zantac and Bethanacol; Neocate formula, 2 sets of ear tubes, Adnoids removed, Vasomotor Rhinits, Asthma. Currently on: Xyzal, Omnaris, Flovent and Xopenex,
AUBREY-Zegerid 2x a day, Soy Milk, Tubes put in and adnoids removed (11-7), Hypotonia, ECI therapy for low muscle tone throughout trunk and hips, oral motor issues and sensory integration issues, delayed speech, Teething, probiotics
PICTURE: Aubrey in her cute cat outfit. If you look you can see how her right foot turns in. She walks that way as well. It is not as exaggerated in the morning's but gets worse in the evenings. This was after her nap.
I was working for a tv station. I remember we were in between cut-ins and we all watched the first plane and thought "what the hell." By the 2nd plane we knew it was bad and we were all on camera. I am not an on air person I was the floor director. I was working 14 hour days. I was wiped out. My dh was working in a high rise in Dallas. I could not get a hold of him and was stuck on the floor directing the news. The anchors kept searching until they could find out what happened to his building. He had the week off. I saw A LOT of footage that never made air that I wish I hadn't seen. Oh I could keep going but I won't.

Today's Sept 11th we find out if my SIL is having a boy or girl. We are hoping boy as she already has a girl!

Sep 11, 2008
Pictured: G'mom w/3 kids. I'm mom to 1 angel Melissa (dec'd 11/92 - hypoplastic left-heart syn.)
2 healthy daughters (knock wood) Cory (16), Kim (11) & Eric (4) diagnosed with e.e. (scoped 8/08), GERD & severe food/seasonal allergies, asthma. Cried non-stop first 17 mths. of life Found out he is allergic to cow's milk, soy, eggs, and peanuts. Takes Prevacid, Neocate One Plus & Flovent.
I was feeding my then 3 year-old daughter who was watching tv & her show was interupted. As it progressed, I felt like the world was coming to an end! I even felt guilty for bringing kids into such a crazy world. How can people do this to each other???? El
Sep 11, 2008
Melissa - Mommy to Sebastian, born 9/28/07 @ 7 lbs 7 oz and 20.75 in. At docs at 12 months: 27 pounds and 32 in! Good grief! GERD - currently on Prevacid suspension (liquid equivalent of 45 mg a day). Allergic to dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, all treenuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, peas, sesame, bananas, barley, coconut, dust, dust mite, dog, cat, latex. Seasonal allergies. Oral Allergy Syndrome (OAS). Neocate only - no solids - until further notice (drinks and loves water, too). Loves his doggie, our rescued Treeing Walker Coonhound, Louise, even though he is allergic to her. Louise will make your doctor a homemade pie if you would like her to. PHOTO: We couldn't do a cake on Sebastian's birthday, but that didn't stop him from tossing around the contents of a big bowl of popcorn! He now tries to eat it when we play with popcorn, so no more of that game.... :(
I myself was in bed after a late night of waitressing. I was living at home for a while, and I went downstairs and heard the news from my dad. Then he and my mom and I watched footage all day. I had to work that night (I worked in downtown Baltimore) and remember being so mad that the manager had put flags on allt he tables to "remember." Now obviously, I think that is a wonderful in general, but eight hours after the attacks seemed so much like a ploy to me. They wanted customers to see that the restaurant "supported America" - but wouldn't close to let people be with their families.

I live about 30 miles from DC and all four of my college roommates live in NYC, so the attacks hit very close to home. My SIL was working at Nasdaq at the time and saw a lot of people jumping and screaming. She lives down the road from me now and stays hom every year from work on 9/11 because she gets so upset. Now that she has twin 4-month-old girls, I am not sure what she'll be doing.

Sep 11, 2008
Adriane Reese 05/16/07; seemingly healthy when born; diagnosed with MSPI, severe Reflux, Apnea, Ashtma, Epilepsy, and severe food allergies(rice, corn, milk, soy, eggs, oats, wheat, beef, chicken, squash, pumpkin, avocado, etc.);On apnea monitor, seems to be tolerating RCF w/carbohydrate mixed in; on Zyrtec, Xopenex, Prevacid
I was barely out of college and at my first "real" job. Someone that worked later hours than myself brought a TV up to the office. They covered the Washington area and their phones were dead becuase of the panic and later tradegy. I remember watching the news coverage of the first tower when the second plane hit. At that point, I remember thinking that this was no accident or freak thing. I rememeber going home that night and crying with my dh and us talking about how we don't know if we could ever bring children into this crazy world.

He was in the Army National Gaurd at the time and was on stand-by. We had been married for less than 6 months. He has been active duty twice since then and was in Iraq for 18 months. The feelings that I have these days about the war have changed but the feelings that come rushing back these days are as fresh as they were 7 years ago.

Prayers and rememberance to all those who were lost, their families and all those who fight and protect our country.

Sep 11, 2008
ethan's mom
Meridith, mom to Ethan born 4/23/08. Ethan was diagnosed with reflux at about 1 month. He has been on Zantac (unsuccessful) and Prevacid. He is currently taking 7.5 mg of Prevacid 2x per day, with good results. We also suspect MPI, though this hasn't been confirmed by a doctor yet.
Ethan is mostly breastfed, though we are doing one bottle of soy formula each day. We also do some homeade "solids' including, so far pears, avocado, sweet potato, and peaches.
I had also just finished up college and was working my first real job. We went around with a Nascar and did grand opening ceremonies for various retailers. Me and a group of four others were in a Chicago suburb and I remember that no one was at Wal-Mart, where we were that day, and the tvs in the store had switched over to coverage. We had to travel to another event the next day, but they had closed all major highways in and out of Chicago, thinking that the Sears tower would be another target.
I remember calling my family in California, and actually breaking the news to them, since they weren't awake yet. I remember them not even understanding what I was saying, because the events were so inconceivable.
Sep 11, 2008
Cooper was born 12/19/07. Birth weight: 7lbs10oz. Weight as of 2/11: 8lbs9oz. 6/23: 14lbs12oz! Struggling again 12mo: 18lbs. Breast Fed exclusively, on strict elimination diet until Dec 08. MSPI as well as other food intolerances Diagnosed w/ GER at 5 days following barium swallow. Choking with apnea spells. Ftt. dx w/ Laryngomalacia following brochoscopy 1/29. Aspiration. apnea monitor until 5mo. pH probe 1/29 showed severe reflux. Sandifers Syndrome. lbrady and tackycardia. echo and EKG 2/18: Came back normal! Swallow study 2/29: some NG reflux. Unexplained seizure 4/1. Negative CF sweat test 4/4! EGD 11/19: reflux damage in esophagus. pH probe 11/19, reflux improved. Safe foods: pears, apples, peas, rice, small amounts of chicken, potatoes, and carrots.
Currently drinking Elecare vanilla 30cal/oz and breastmilk.
Meds: Nexium 10mg 2x daily. Carafate as needed, miralaxx as needed, probiotics daily
I was actually on my way to school and it broke on the radio in a very frantic voice. By the time I got to school, we were watching the footage on TV. It was so bizarre. It was the first time I was able to truly appreciate living in a small community where the closest Airport was DFW, 3 hrs away. But it didn't matter, I was still afraid. Afraid for everyone.
Sep 11, 2008
Maria (27), mommy of 2 beautiful boys with spwcial needs. Raymond (2) born preemie NICU stay. Diagnosed with mild CP, Severe Reflux, and Trachealmalasia. Currently off all meds and doing excellent!!! William (11 mos) Full term suffered from Apnea episodes, on heart monitor for 4 months. Diagnosed with Severe Reflux, Trachialmalasia, milk sensitivity and other foor allergies. Currently on Prevacid and Nutramigen formula, trying milk slowly...Off thickened liquids now and doing well.
I was just waking up, turned on the TV and saw the first and second hit. I had just gotten home the night before from a birthday trip to Washingtion DC, the flight I had taken out of Dulles Airport was the one that crashed. I nearly had a panic attack, I looked down at the tags still on my suitcase- same flight- and started to cry. It could have been myself on that flight had I decided to stay one more day. My whole family started to call to make sure I was already home. That was my first time flying, and it was my last for about 5 years. My heart goes out to all the families that were effected by these horrible events, I pray for them often. Now every year on my birthday (9-8) my family gets together for dinner and says a prayer. In thanks for sparing my life, and in sorrow for all those who were lost.
Sep 11, 2008
Donnessa, mom to Halley born 3/10/07
Reflux (mostly) resolved at 14 months
and Addison born 8/17/09. Currently exclusively bf and on 7.5mg Prevacid
I was getting ready for work and watching the Today show. I couldn't believe it. I watched as the second plane went in - it still makes me sick to think about it to this day. Stuck in traffic on my way to work, I heard that one of the towers fell...and then the other. I was bawling and completely shocked. By the time I had made it to the office (one of the Dallas highrises), they had evacuated the building.

In the days that followed, I remember how strange it was to hear quiet skies. Our office was adjacent to the flight path for Love Field, so I usually watched planes flying in every day from my 36th floor office. To hear that quiet was a constant reminder of what had happened. I had to fly for work the week they started resuming flights. DFW airport was COMPLETELY deserted - it looked like midnight at 9 am. There were 16 people on our 757, including the pilot and flight attendants.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that people can hate us so much that they want to kill us when they've never met us. Our world will never be the same and it makes me very sad for my daughter.

Sep 11, 2008
This is our dd, Alessandra. Dx with GER 10/07. Ran the gamut with meds and now done with them (crossed fingers). Using magnesium, probiotics and prebiotic supplements. With the exception of teething and general sassy attitude, all is well now. They really CAN grow out of it!
Friend of mine called me at the ungoldy time of 8:40 or something, got me out of bed (bear in mind I was in college and in my clinicals, so sleep was scarce). I turned on the TV (a rare event in itself) in time to watch the second plane hit.

I have family who work in the Pentagon (they weren't there yet that day), I used to live in Pittsburgh, and a friend who passed in the first WTC tower - she worked on the 89th floor I think.

I lived in DeKalb, Il, about 60 miles west of Chicago. The city was on high alert for being next on the list and most of the city shut down and/or evacuated.

I was to be in the 3rd round of first responders/medical aid to be sent up to Ground Zero to relieve the ones there already, but by the time we were to be called up, they halted the search for survivors.

Sep 11, 2008
I was at work. I knew my brother was on a United Airlines flight from DC to California that left that am, but no one in my family knew which flight he and his wife were on. I also have a close friend who lives in Manhatten and didn't know where he was. I had to call United and ask them to contact me when they knew if he was a passenger on one of those flights. We didn't find out until 9pm that, luckily he wasn't. He had already connected on to a flight to Australia. Turns out their plane was detoured to a deserted airfield and landed surrounded by police. Someone on their flight was arressted for having plans that had something to do with the attack-not sure if they were going to do something to that plane or what. They searched the plane and all luggage and allowed passengers to contact loved ones from the airfield. My sister-in-law said it was on the Australian news that night, but that she never heard anything about it after that. United Airlines called me about 5 minutes after I learned he was OK to tell me he was not on one of the flights that went down. We found out the next day that my close friend in Manhatten was at work and was ok, but was unable to go back to his apartment. I am still in shock and saddened by what happened. The world is so crazy, I worry about our children's future daily and pray that sanity and love win out. I was scheduled to go to Australia that Nov but cancelled it after my mother was on an American airline flight the same morning one of those went down from where she left. She too was ok, but I was just too freaked out! I have since flown, but I never liked flying and like it even less now.
Sep 11, 2008
seamus mama
Seamus was diagnosed with Silent Reflux at 3 weeks. Now he is 14 months, on Prilosec and avoiding dairy,soy,egg. Still nursing. A lot !!!
On Sept. 11th, I was working in the mountains of West Virginia as a whitewater rafting guide on the Gaulee River. I was living with my boyfriend in a massive tree platform. The morning of Sept. 11th, I was supposed to get a ride with some dude to DC..He honked his horn and I ran down through the woods to the mini van. The radio was blaring nasty news of terrorism and he had tears running down his face. We were in total shock, and proceeded towards DC. En route, the radio announced that there was a highjacked plane headed towards WV/PA.We also found out that DC was in chaos. It was hard to believe anything we heard. We pulled over in Morgantown, WV and went into a bar to see the TV coverage. Thats when it really hit. Everyone in the bar was watching the footage, crying, hugging and buying rounds. We joined them. It was so surreal and heartbreaking.It still is. I pray for the families and survivors of 9/11 today and I pray for peace on earth.
Sep 11, 2008
baby quinn's mommy
Mom to a 3 year old baby girl with severe reflux: g-tube, nissen fundoplication. dx: RAD, failure to thrive, DGE, epilepsy, sleep apnea, paraesohphogeal hernia, high lactic acid there's more "unknown disease"... Hospitalized 12 times, PT graduate! ST graduate! OT graduate! Current Meds: singulair, zopeonex, pulmicort, reglan, Keppra, Trileptal, vitamin B6, Veramyst. Current weight: 34 lb. Current height: 39". g-tube dependent, oxygen 1-2LpM all day and night PIC: Ms. Quinn
ha ha. you guys might not believe this but I was far from home, in a group home for girls. I was 16.
Sep 11, 2008
Maggie is now 3 years old and reflux free (knock on wood). I still check in some to see how everybody is doing :) Hugs to all!
I haven't even thought about the date. I will post the reason why in a minute....but I was on my way with Morgan to do Meals on Wheels for the first time.
Sep 11, 2008
Coyle Eagan. One Year Old. Doing well on Cow's Milk flavored with juice :) Drinking two bottles of Go&Grow daily. Eating solids better but still have rough days. No More Silent Reflux-that I can hear anyway.. but puking again. Zantac 2ML 2X daily.
My September 11 Story-Long
This day has a very, very special meaning for me. My son was given life on the day that so many people associate with death and destruction. And, as you'll soon find out he was truly meant to be born on this day.

At the time I was a Flight Attendant for Northwest Airlink a.k.a. Mesaba Airlines. By design I was not at work that day. Since it was a Tuesday, and because I was a "newbie", I worked mostly weekends and went to school during the week. That morning, I was driving to a doctor appointment for my annual check-up. In those days I usually listened to CDs while driving but for some reason I can not remember I was listening to the radio so I heard the live broadcast. I was about a mile from my bestfriend's house; By the time I walked in her living room, the 2nd tower fell.

It was especially frightening to me considering I worked in the airline business. It is an extremely close knit community, not like any other. Everyone knows Everyone from Everywhere. I knew that we all had lost love ones and friends that day.

The next few days were a blur. I had friends stranded all over the country and co-workers quitting left and right (including my roommate who had a nervous breakdown). Our industry changed the day we lost so many of our bretheren and fellow Americans.

That following year, in May, I quit my job. The stress of flying, which was never stressful before, just got to me. Then in June, I read a job posting for a administrative person for the Department of Homeland Security. I was hired in August and became part of the agency that was protecting our country, our aircraft. My husband was hired in September. I was his "secretary" so to speak; but he was married and I was in a relationship. Those soon ended and two summers later we began dating. We were married fairly quickly; his father was very sick and I really wanted him present for our wedding. We became pregnant quickly too; three months to be exact. I was due on October 7th, 2008.

At my 36wk appointment I mentioned to my OB that the baby (then his name was claire) was not moving as much. She immediately send me to the hospital down the street to have stress testing done. Everything was fine. Everything was fine on Friday too. Baby was just swimming along. I was super healthy and *she* seemed to be too. The following Tuesday, September 11, 2007, I had an addition stress test scheduled for 8:15. I was supposed to get 2 a week until I delivered. My husband was set to work the afternoon shift so I figured he could come with me and I'd be able to go out to Bob Evans after and eat a huge breakfast, right? NO. Long Story Shorter: everything went wrong that day. His BP was dropping during the test, the ultrasound showed no diastolic pressure... my OB's on-call said we are going to have to induce.

I said but "NO WAY! It is September 11th!!! I can't have my baby on September 11th!" But then I thought wait just a minute! There would be NO baby if not for the events that happened on this day in 2001. My husband agreed.

The induction did not go well, so I had to have a c-section. He was born @ 2:18 pm. 4 lbs 7 oz. 17 inches long. And, he was a boy instead of a girl. But, precious none the less of course. I can't believe that it has been 7 years since the Terrorist Attacks. Just like I can't believe it has been a year since my baby boy was born on that very same "date".
Sep 11, 2008
amber f
Wow these are incredible stories. I remember going to work in the afternoon not watching any news in the am and had no idea about it. Sorta heard some talk at work but it didn't really sink in until I was home that night watching the nine o'clock news. I was 19 with a 5.5 month old thinking what was I doing having a child in a country that this could happen in. I also remember going to fill up with gas at like 9:45 because it was rumored that gas prices were going to be sky high and there was lines of people at the pumps and filling red gas cans.
Sep 11, 2008
Mary & Nicholas 7-17-03 (non-refluxer)allergies, asthma on Singulair and Flovent & Aidan 1-28-07(my refluxer)Nissen Fundoplication on June 20, 2008, FTT, MSPI, DGE, ear tubes, allergies and severe GERD now currently taking just Prevacid and drinking Elecare Vanilla 1+.
I was at work. I worked for a major finanacial services firm as a business analyst. I was crunching numbers in my cubicle when someone yelled out "Holy BEEP, Look at that!" He had live Internet feed up on his computer of the first tower falling. After that everyone was glued to their computers and to the two big screen tvs on our floor. A huge B52 flew over our office building scarying the living crap out of everyone. Many of our business contacts were killed that day and we got a few days off due to being in a very large tower and the fact that for the first time ever the markets were closed. I carpooled to work and our usual 15 minute commute home took us over 6 hours because we live on a military base and due to the Pentagon attack our base was on lockdown at Threatcon Delta, which basically means you get met by armed soldiers wih M-16s that open every door and compartment in your car and let bomb dogs search every inch of it. Finally, I got home at 11PM starving and exhausted. This day isn't easily forgotten in our military community. Many of our friends are still deployed and fighting in the war on terror and today my husband was called in at 3:15 AM for a 9-11 exercise. So for us it still feels very real.
Sep 11, 2008
Sharon, Mom to Elyse, 17 mos (15 mos adjusted-preemie). Zantac/Elecare. History of: Respiratory Distress Syndrome with ventilation/CPAP/cannula, tpn, n/g tube, PDA, jaundice, apnea, bradycardia/tachycardia, severe anemia, blood transfusion, reflux, Sandifer's Syndrome, intestinal malrotation, hemangiomas, MSPI, feeding issues. ICU inpatient 53 days! 2 surgeries, 2 UGIs, barium enema, pH probe, endoscopy. Developmentally on target now! PIC: Yobaby Beard
Although the reason behind us posting these stories is sad, it is kinda cool seeing where in life everyone was. i feel like I know you all better!

I was in my first month of grad school, living at my parent's house until i got married in Dec. I live in Calif, so i was still in bed. My mom came running in my room 5ish am and woke me and told me about the first tower. We watched the 2nd tower get hit, and then watched a report at the pentagon as the pentagon was getting hit. These events really affected me, as it felt like the end of the world as we knew it.

Sep 11, 2008
Maggie is now 3 years old and reflux free (knock on wood). I still check in some to see how everybody is doing :) Hugs to all!
wow! I just took a minute to scan the stories. It's amazing how small our world is, huh!
Sep 11, 2008
Jessica, Mommy to Jedd, severe reflux, severe food and oral aversions, Finally G tube free!!! VSD repair 4-24-07 (open heart surgery), hypospadias, repaired 3 times and Ear tubes Visit Jedd at his CB site:
YYep, Mary the military bases were a WRECK after 9/11.

We live near NOrfokl Naval Staion. It is THE largest military port on the east coast. Before 9/11 anybody coudl get on the base so many Navy personel did NOT have stickers not to mention that ANYone coudl get on the base.

The pass office was flodded and the wait was like days long.

BTW for those of you who are still reading this thread...LOL

I taught a K-5 young girl and her Father was a Navy SEAL at the time of 9/11. He was stationed in Germany at the time. Let me tell you, we invaded WAY before it was every announce. His team left within hours of the first attack to try and track those YOU know WHATS down and kill (capture) them...

Sep 12, 2008
I was walking into my grandparent's house taking their breakfast to them. The girls ans I took breakfast every morning as I was taking them to daycare on my way to work at the hospital. I had just walked into the door when the first plane hit. When I left they did not know it was terrorism linked. A few minutes later the story came raking on the radio. My heart sank for these people. I cried and prayed.
Check with your
doctor first!